2009 is my year to learn some of the things that I have always wanted to.
And my list is:
- To learn more than I know about my Bernina sewing machine. It has all the bells and whistles, and I want to hear them as my machine happily hums away while I quilt.
- To learn more of the stitches and fun things the Bernina feet do.
- To to be proficient in CorelDraw and will be taking a class as of tomorrow.
- To learn how to update my website better and feel confident in doing so.
- To finish turning my year of sketches into applique designs (um...that's only a mere 40 to50 of them !)
- To organize my time and scheduling better so that I can have a little me time at the end of the day (and that means a warm bubblebath)
- To once again devote some time to charitable organization via my quilting (I took 2008 off)
- To continue motivating others with an "I can do this" attitude.
- To continue traveling to guilds to teach applique and be the best instructor I can be for them.
- To continue writing
- To create a new and inspiring lecture
- To eat healthier (I know this is almost on everyone's list, but this is hard when traveling so much)
- To read a novel a month (I am an avid reader, but haven't found time to read much in '08)
- To reconnect with old friends
- To continue writing in my daily journal (What? You don't have one?)
- To bring a smile to someone's face every single day
And my hearfelt thanks......
To all my good friends who have always been there for me through my day to day life happenings. Those that have been my lifetime friends, I treasure you more than you could imagine. To my newer friends, I am so glad you came into my life....we have many adventures ahead. To my friends overseas, if I had a James Bondish boat that could propel me over the oceans, life would be so much the richer to spend time with you. To those that have passed in and out of my life, thank you for all I have learned from you and perhaps another time our paths may cross and friendships resume. Loving thanks goes to my parents who love me unconditionally as I do them.Without them, I would not be who I am today.
Happy Brand New Year All..............may you find all you are looking for....in love, happiness and in the motivation to create to your hearts content!