Search This Blog

January 23, 2009

A Rose is a Rose is a "Royal Rose"

I just had to show off a beautiful quilt from one of my students! It sounds so silly to call my mom one of my students! Mom taught me needlework, and in turn, as the years passed, I taught my mom to applique. It's a passion we both share and I couldn't resist to show all of you her beautiful interpretation from one of the Rose patterns in my book "Bended Bias Applique"
We both love Roses and I was so proud of my mom for breaking tradition and using purples for these flowers. Many of you may have already met my mom. Many times when I am on the road traveling to a guild to lecture to teach a workshop, mom will come with me if it is in driving distance from my home. She brings lots of laughter to the classroom, and it doesn't hurt to have an extra hand helping me pass kits out and hold quilts. She is a prolific and methodical quilter and one of my best pattern testers. So, as much as I enjoy seeing her work, I hope all of you do too!

3 comments:

sewkalico said...

I am crazy about roses too and this is just gorgeous. I particularily like how it's been quilted - stunning!

Lynda Lehmann said...

Tell your mom her quilt is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors! :)

Unknown said...

Linda - I sure will tell mom....she will be so happy.....I think she did a spectacular job on this!

And sewkalico - my mom's fave flower is a rose too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails